GOD HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN by Nicky Cruz

Are you longing to do great things for God—to serve Him and love Him until your dying breath? Are you wanting God to define a glorious future for you?

Then stop trying to do it on your own. Don’t try to set a course for your life and then ask God to bless it. Instead, spend your time getting to know Him. Learn to bask in His presence. Worship Him with abandon. Praise Him and love Him from the depths of your soul. Obey Him, even in the smallest detail. Pray and meditate on His Word. Appreciate the glory of creation!

Learn to set your heart on God, and God alone, and He will take notice.

There is one truth you can know for certain: God has a covenant prepared just for you. A special plan and purpose set aside for your future. And it is more glorious than you could ever imagine on your own. If He hasn’t laid this covenant on your heart, it is only because He knows you are not ready. He’s waiting for you. Watching. Longing to share this vision with you and help you embrace it.

When I was a young man in my early twenties, confused about my future, I could never have imagined the plans God had for my life. I was just a young man in love with Jesus, longing to spend the rest of my days in His presence. I had no idea He had a covenant prepared for me. No idea He had such a powerful purpose for my life.

At the time I couldn’t even begin to imagine myself as an evangelist. I was young and unprepared. I had no capabilities that would have led me to think I could preach in front of an audience. My Bible knowledge was immature and limited. My accent was thick and my manners were awkward. I was just a streetwise kid, and that was all I had going for me.

But I loved Jesus with a passion, and I determined to obey God, regardless of what He would have me do. So I embraced His covenant, little by little, day by day, month by month. I tried my best to stay faithful. And God has never let me down!

__________

Nicky Cruz, internationally known evangelist and prolific author, turned to Jesus Christ from a life of violence and crime after meeting David Wilkerson in New York City in 1958. The story of his dramatic conversion was told first in The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson and then later in his own best-selling book Run, Baby, Run.