NO DISTRACTIONS

"Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number" (Jeremiah 2:32).
I quote this passage whenever I miss my daily time of prayer because of busyness. It always drives me back to the secret place, crying, "Oh, Lord, I don't want to forget You!"

This verse is frightening when we consider the context of the passage. God is saying to His people, "I planted you as a noble vine of sound and reliable stock. You started right, you had My touch and I blessed you. But now you have forsaken Me."

"Thy backslidings shall reprove thee . . . it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee . . . How canst thou say, I am not polluted? . . . For they have turned their back unto me. . . . In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction. . . . My people have forgotten me days without number" (Jeremiah 2:19, 23, 27, 30 and 32).

God's people were no longer going to His house to worship Him. They had become lazy and had forgotten all His blessings and judgments. They neglected Him for days on end, pursuing their own pleasures and worst of all, they said, "I am innocent . . . I have not sinned" (verse 35).

If you do not worship God with all your mind and heart, little by little neglect will creep in and you will begin to worship merely out of habit.

You say you love Jesus, so I must ask you: Do you worship Him daily, with all your heart, with no distractions? Do you dig into the Word of God or do you go for days without opening your Bible or praying to Him in your secret closet?

God will not allow you to sit in your seat anymore and let your mind wander. He loves you and knows the power that pure worship releases in your spirit. It makes you stronger than any lion, bigger than any giant. It pulls down every stronghold because it makes you a pure-hearted, single-minded worshiper of Him!